OMG! It just keeps getting better! If you are an avid Skylanders junkie like myself you where probably jumping on the furniture, screaming “Boo-Ya-Ka!”at the top of your lungs, calling your best friend to telling him game night has just gotten real! No… that was just me? Aw shucks!
On a serious note today Activision unleashed some of the best news ever in my opinion. Not only will we be getting a new Supercharged Skylanders game, but we also will be getting a new mobile game titled Skylanders Battlecast. This new game uses digital and physical cards. SAY WHAT!!! Yup! Activision is holding no punches this year (Sorry competition, not sorry LOL!).
See for me I get the best of both worlds I get a new Skylanders game and a new card game. I have played card games like Magic, Yu-gi-oh, and Pokemon for years. Now I’m really into Hearthstone, which is another Activision/Blizzard game involving cards that is just plain addictive in its own right. So I have high hopes and expectations for this game.
Check out the official trailer and press release below to get the scoop on what we can expect to see from Activision with Skylanders Battlecast. Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
“Built from the ground up to bring Skylanders to life on mobile devices, Skylanders Battlecast combines physical card play with mobile gaming in an all-new way,” says Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing, Inc. “This is our biggest investment, and one of our most magical ideas yet, for the Skylanders franchise on mobile.”
“We are bringing physical cards to life in an exciting new way. Activision has assembled a team of experts across video game design, physical card game design, pro card players and top card artists to develop an amazing new experience,” says Josh Taub, senior vice president, product management, Activision Publishing. “With Skylanders Battlecast, fans can expect the amazing creativity, innovation and fun that Skylanders games are known for delivering.”
Coming in 2016, Skylanders Battlecast will be available via the App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
GamesCom is well on its way this is the first day of the largest video game convention in Germany. With previous releases we have gotten more updates about the game before it’s released and it looks like the same will happen again this year. Check out the official press release from GamesCom 2015 courtesy of Activision.
Rev your engines! Skylanders®, the #1 kids’ console franchise worldwide is taking to Land, Sea and Air with Skylanders® SuperChargers on September 20 in North America. Skylanders SuperChargers expands upon the franchise’s signature gameplay to introduce vehicles-to-life — an entirely new way for fans to experience the magic of Skylands. For the first time, kids can explore and navigate the mountainous terrains, deep-sea environments and big blue skies of Skylands like never before with amazingly detailed vehicles, many of which feature moving parts that will play in the real world and come to life in the game via the Portal of Power®.
The trailblazing vehicles-to-life innovation of Skylanders SuperChargers is realized when players take helm of powerful, tricked-out land, sea and sky vehicles. Skylanders SuperChargers is an unprecedented high-octane action-adventure video game where fans have the freedom to speed across Skylands’ roads in vehicular combat, race down roaring rapids and engage in aerial dogfights as they barrel roll through enemy swarms.
In addition to vehicle-to-life, Skylanders is packing some major star power with the introduction of two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — as guest stars in Skylanders SuperChargers. The characters, along with their specially created vehicles will be available exclusively in Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs for the Nintendo platforms.
In Skylanders SuperChargers, Kaos’ quest to rule over Skylands reveals his most sinister weapon ever – a massive “Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction” capable of eating the sky itself. Fortunately, a special team of Skylanders known as the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an incredible fleet of vehicles with the power to travel through the destruction – over land, sea, and sky!
Skylanders SuperChargers introduces 20 new SuperCharger characters and 20 new vehicles, while also supporting all 300+ Skylanders toys from previous games, enabling any Skylanders character to pilot land, sea or sky-based vehicles.
Additionally, for the first time, players can purchase the digital Portal Owners Pack via connected consoles or for select iPads. They can download the full AAA game and complete the mainline game with Instant Spitfire SuperCharger and Instant Hot Streak vehicle. They can also use a Portal they already own to enjoy the full game experience with physical toys from the new Skylanders SuperChargers along with their existing collections.
- Vehicles-to-Life – For the first time, players can take their Skylanders vehicles straight from the real world into the videogame via the Portal of Power to explore the land, sea and skies of Skylands. The vehicles are aligned by element and terrain type, giving players unique abilities and diverse experiences across different settings throughout the game. Not only are the vehicles playable in-game, but many also have movable parts making the toys fun and playable outside of the game.
- New Heroes – A brand-new class of Skylanders, known as SuperChargers are ready to buckle up and throw down with special in-game abilities that help Portal Masters fight Kaos. For the first time in Skylanders history, two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — will guest star in Skylanders SuperChargers. These special Skylanders will be playable in both Skylanders SuperChargers and select amiibo-compatible games with a simple twist of the character’s base. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser will be exclusively playable on the following Nintendo platforms: Wii U, Wii and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- Customized Vehicles – In Skylanders SuperChargers, kids explore Skylands like never before by going behind the wheel of powerful, tricked-out vehicles. SuperChargers will have the ability to customize vehicles in-game with super cool modifications and upgradeable weapons. As players travel throughout the game, they can also discover hidden mods such as a volcanic booster engine that spews lava rocks and jet wings with feathers made of gold.
- SuperCharged Combos – For the ultimate gaming experience, players can pair a SuperCharger Skylander with its unique signature vehicle to create a SuperCharged combination, unlocking an exclusive mod that revs up the performance of the vehicle. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser’s signature vehicles are available for Nintendo platforms exclusively.
- More Diverse Gameplay – The game delivers a dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with vehicle-based and on-foot adventure – complete with combat, puzzles, mini games, activities and platforming — all set within a variety of compelling environments. There will be 20 new vehicles toys that fans can play with that feature a variety of designs and types – race cars, motorcycles, boats, tanks, helicopters, jets, submarines and more.
o Land: Stunt, skid, and drift while driving and experiencing high-octane combat
o Sea: Explore underwater seas, race down roaring rapids and ride the surf and waves o Sky: Engage in aerial dogfighting and enjoy freedom of flight with 360 degrees of control.
• Fast-Paced Storyline – Fans can immerse themselves in an all-new, high-velocity adventure that ignites imaginations and fuels excitement as they speed through Skylands like never before.
• Online Multiplayer Gameplay – For the first time in Skylanders history, Skylanders SuperChargers is offering online multiplayer gameplay on console. Whether it’s online co-op play in Adventure Mode or four-player competitive racing, family and friends are sure to have a blast. Voice-chat is available with players on your friends list and with friends of friends to fuel fun competition online.
• Racing Mode – Racing Mode is an all-new way to play, featuring a mix of high-octane, supercharged racing and combat, accentuated by power-ups, boosts, hazards and more. What’s more, Racing Mode is available right out of the box in the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack! There are a total of six race tracks in the Starter Pack for fans to play – two for each terrain type: Land, Sea and Sky. Players can also purchase Racing Action Packs that unlock additional content. A total of three Racing Action Packs, one for each terrain, will be available and include three special toys (a SuperCharger, Vehicle and villain trophy). The villain trophy unlocks two new tracks and new modes, including SuperVillain Cup, Boss Pursuit and Mirror Cup.
• Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for the Wii and 3DS: Fans can augment their SuperCharger experience with a complementary, dedicated racing combat game — Skylanders SuperChargers Racing — for the WiiTM system and Nintendo 3DSTM hand-held system. All-new tracks, augmented with power-ups, boosts, hazards and more, offer up to 50 different and exciting gameplay experiences. On Nintendo 3DS, gamers can go head-to-head with competitive multiplayer via local play or online with up to four players. Iconic Nintendo character BowserTM and his Sky vehicle, Clown Cruiser are available in the Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Starter Packs for Wii and Nintendo 3DS and can also be played on the Wii UTM system. The Supercharged character not only works in Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, but also as amiibo in compatible Nintendo games, so players can store their saved data in both modes with a simple twist of the figure’s base.
IGN posted a video of some gameplay footage sorry guys it’s in German but the gameplay footage looks really good! Check out the video link below. I include some more images of the vehicles, toys, and more in the gallery as well take a look at those at your leisure. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
<iframe src=”http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/8/5/gamescom-2015-videoanteprima-skylanders-supercharg-ign-it” width=”468″ height=”263″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Some of you may have missed this yesterday so I thought that I would post about it here. The Skylanders Game released a few images on their social media sites the first image (see below) was posted on the Skylanders Italy fan page with the caption:
Attenti Padroni dei Portali, qualcosa di molto oscuro si sta avvicinando…
When translated the caption pretty much reads: “Beware Portal Masters! Something really dark is coming…”
Later the same day the UK Skylanders game page posted this image (see below) with this caption:
We’ve got a dark, dark secret to unveil tomorrow. What could this mean, Portal Masters?
You know us, we can’t keep a secret quiet for long – Drop back tomorrow afternoon for an exclusive look…
SDCC is this week and if you remember at last year’s event Activision announced the release of the Trap Team Dark Starter packs. I assume that the same thing will happen again this year with Superchargers.
What will we see in the starter packs?
Well from the looks of things we will be getting 2 Dark vehicles (see images below) and some sort of Kaos item not sure what it is, but my guess is that it will be a dark version of the Kaos Doomstation.
Will we also get Dark Skylanders figures?
I am sure we will but they have just not been unveiled yet, but from the images we can assume that there will be dark versions of Spitfire and Nightfall since we are getting there vehicles. I will do an update post once I get more information.
I hope you enjoy all the images, take a min to share us with your friends, tell me what you think about this any questions or concerns, and until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
I saw something on darkspyro.net by user motosada stating that both King Cobra Cadabra and Steam Punk Shrednaught will be released on June 27th by way of the inventory computer system (I assume he works there). He does not state if it is an exclusive to Game Stop stores or not but that is the date in the computer.
I contacted my GameStop contact and they confirmed that the information provided is correct, but they are not able to be reserved at the moment and they didn’t know exactly when they would be but it should be soon. This info has me “All Fired Up!” I can’t wait June is going to be a great month for us Portal Masters and Skylander Addicts. I will update you all on this when they are available for pre-order. Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
I went to collect the mail and noticed I had a surprise package from Activision I didn’t know what it was, but boy was I stoked to see what it was when I opened the package. Check out what was inside…
Yes! Love Potion Pop Fizz the official Valentine’s Day Skylanders Toy for Skylanders Trap Team. So have you been wondering how Pop Fizz turned into Love Potion Pop Fizz? Well I happen to have to scoop…
It is said that when his latest attempt to concoct the ultimate raspberry soda totally backfired, Pop Fizz was caught in a blast that turned him pink and gave him an alluring aroma. At least that’s how he tells it. But with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, the Skylanders are wondering if Pop Fizz is telling the truth… or if there is a special someone who he is trying to impress.
I wonder who Pop Fizz could be trying to get some affection from? Guess we will have to wait and see. Currently Target is the only retailer with it shelved, but Best Buy will release him on 02/01 and Toys R Us on 02/07. For all our UK readers he can also be pre-ordered at your local GAME store. Good Luck Hunting! Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
As I mentioned in the last post this years easter edition figures have been revealed. According to myskylanders.de and darkspyro.net user Chaotic Lunacy we can expect another villain variant trap this easter. Red Hot Tussle Sprout is said to be a TRU exclusive with a release date of March 2, 2015. Also there will be an “Easter Edition” figure pack including Power Punch Pet-Vac, Eggscellent Weeruptor, and an exclusive Earth Easter Trap.
Chaotic Lunacy states that Red Hot Tussle Sprout will be the included trap in the easter edition pack, but myskylanders.de states that Red Hot will be its own trap and an exclusive Easter Edition earth trap will be included in the figure pack. The easter edition rings up at 10.99, but I am thinking that the $10.99 price is for the Exclusive Variant Trap with RHTS and not the easter edition figure packs. I think that the earth trap will be a separate trap much like the Legendary Traps (no trapped villain just an easter colored trap) included with Power Punch and Weeruptor.
The release date is also March 2, 2015 at TRU for Power Punch Pet-Vac and Eggscellent Weeruptor so get ready folks cause it’s about to be on!I project that these will go fast just like the other easter edition figures that have been released in the past. Are you as excited about this as I am? I sure hope so! Keep an eye out for the easter edition figure packs as they may get an early release by another store trying to beat TRU to the punch. Enjoy the rest of the images in the gallery and until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
Got some awesome news from the folks over at myskylanders.de. Today they released a complete list of what we can expect to see hit stores when wave 4 comes and I’m pretty amped about a few things that are coming. Since their site is in German I took the liberty of translating it for you guys as best I could so here it goes.
We are looking at a projected date of wave 4 being released sometime in March. I’m not sure if that is the US release or if that is the projected date for overseas Portal Masters, but either way that’s good news to me. Looks like there will be six core Skylanders coming in wave 4 included are:
- Echo-Water Element
- Rocky Roll-Earth Element
- Spotlight- Light Element
- Blackout-Dark Element
- High Five-Life Element
- Batspin-Undead Element
Glad to see we will finally see High Five and Batspin hit US stores I’m super pumped to get my hands on Spotlight and Blackout they look awesome and I bet they play just as well as they look if not better. Two of the most anticipated Skylanders Trap Masters will finally be making appearance in this wave along with Single pack versions of the Light and Dark Trap Masters.
- Short Cut
I just realized about a week ago that Short Cut was a Trap Master. I was already excited to add him to my collection when I first saw him, but after finding out he was a Trap Master I wanted him even more. Thunderbolt looks so BOSS he is definitely a must have for me I want to see how well he plays his attacks look sick! We will be seeing another wave of traps as well included are:
- Rocket Light Trap
- Rocket Magic Trap
- Sword Shadow Trap
- Sword Air Trap
- Sword Life Trap
- Upside Down Guy Shadow Trap
- Upside Down Guy Earth Trap
- Spear Fire Trap
- Spear UndeadTrap
- Axe Water Trap
- Kaos Trap
Also listed are 2 Triple Pack Trap Packs do not know what will included in the packs, but I’m sure it will be the same as it has been released in earlier waves as a way to save a little cash and get more traps. Those of you that do not have a Kaos trap (I need another one) will have another chance at getting this hard to get trap before it becomes unavailable again. I’m sure there will be more Kaos traps in the wave but you still will want to get to your local stores early when they go on sale.
There are two new mini packs coming as well included in these packs are:
- Pet Vac (Jet-Vac)-Air Element
- Breeze (Whirlwind)-Air Element
- Barkley (Tree Rex)-Life Element
- Whisper Elf (Stealth Elf)-Life Element
We will also see more of Mini Pack 5 (Gill Runt & Thumpling) and Mini Pack 6 (Small Fry & Weeruptor). There are some things expected to be released as well but not in wave 4 they will have their own separate releases or come in a mini wave. We already know about Nitro Head Rush, Legendary Bush Whack, and Love Potion Pop Fizz, but who else is coming? Here is a list of things we should see from now until at least April.
- Flip Wreck
- Fling Kong
- Triple Pack (Deja Vu / Rocky Roll / echo)
- Triple Pack (Blackout / Fling Kong / Pop Fizz)
- King Cobra Cadabra
- Gnarly Barkley
- Yawn Trap
- Praise Goblin (Trap Variant)
- Steampunk Shrednought (Trap Variant)
- Eon’s Elite: Eruptor & Gill Grunt
I’m glad to see Gear Shift will be getting another run she is still around in some stores, but it will make her more available for those of us that haven’t gotten her yet (I need another one of her too lol). I so hope Enigma comes out in a mini wave-like a 4.5 or something I have to have him on my portal asap! Also mentioned in the article are the Easter Edition Trap Team figures, but I’m going to do a separate post about these as I feel they deserve to have a post just about them. I do not have an exact release date on any of this stuff just projected dates or a figure and trap case break down or anything like that, but when I get the info trust and believe I’ll be letting you know. Take a minute to show us some love on our social sites I love to see what new things you all are adding to your collections, game tips, or just shoot the breeze (Pun intended). Thanks to MySkylanders.De for giving us this awesome info. Happy Hunting All! Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
If you didn’t already know this happened… GameStop has released 3 different Kaos Trap Bundle packs. Each bundle comes with a Kaos Trap, Water Trap and depending on what bundle you choose a Magic, Earth, or Life Trap. Each bundle is priced at $17.97 and is available online only.
Unfortunately the bundles have sold out, so for those of you that are still looking for a Kaos Trap bookmark the link and check it periodically to see if it is available again. Here are the links to all 3 bundles:
Link 1: http://goo.gl/yyWNrD
Link 2: http://goo.gl/tXpV7o
Link 3: http://goo.gl/NF5Qt0
Good Luck Hunting everyone! Until Next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
I wanted to give you guys a heads upon the release dates for legendary Bush Whack & Love Potion Pop Fizz. Rumor has it that Legendary Bush Whack will be released at Toys R Us stores on February 15, 2015. Love Potion Pop Fizz is said to be released February 7, 2015 I’m sure he will be released everywhere as he is an in-game variant. I have all the other legendary figures so I’m hyped to complete the set.
LP Pop Fizz is just too cute I plan on customizing one and flocking it. This info was spotted on DarkSpyro.com posted by DS user Chaotic Lunacy said to have come from a reliable source.
Guess we will have to see if he is right when the time comes. Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!