E3 has kicked off and today we should be getting some more Skylanders info. Some images and other things have leaked all over the internet. The biggest leak that has had Portal Masters in a frenzy is that the beloved fan favorite Crash Bandicoot is coming to Skylands. The Italian Skylanders site added a Crash tab to there page leaking the secret that crash would be a Playstation exclusive.
Following in the footsteps of Nintendo and the “SKYMIIBO” figures Playstation is getting one of there own. Hopefully they will also work like the Amiibo Skylanders with the switchable base. We don’t have much details on this starter pack or what element Crash will be but once we do I’ll be sure to post about it.
We also have learned the names of the images of the the other Skylanders Imaginators we have been seeing. But this time we are seeing them in toy form Ambush who is a Life Knight, Ember who is a Fire Sentinel, and we now have an image of the regular version of Wolfgang who is a Dark Bowslinger.
I really can’t wait to see what other news we get today stay tuned for more updates as I get them. Are you excited about Crash coming to Skylands? Who else would you like to see come to Skylands? Leave your comments here or sound off on our social media pages. Thanks to Dotty and the crew at The United Sites of Skylands for keeping me updated. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
Just wanted to give you all a friendly reminder that Skylanders Day is tomorrow at Gamestop. There are lot’s of good deals to be had. If you don’t already own them this is your chance to add the Power Blues to your collection. Save $30 on all starters and get 2 free Eon Elite figures. And the best deal in my opinion is the release of the Land Action Racing pack at 50% off! You also get a really cool poster with your purchase. Check out the ad below to see all the deals to be had on this one day event. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
It officially Christmas time and the Skylanders have given us yet another holiday tune. Check out the video below and Happy Holidays!
It is that time of year once again. Great food, family, and presents under the tree are great things to get excited about, but what I’m most excited about is getting more Skylanders. Activision and it’s affiliates want to make sure that portal masters around the world get the perfect Skylanders gift this holiday season. In order to make that possible they are release a bunch of merchandise with sales galore. According to the press release I received this morning
Skylands is abuzz with the holiday spirit and ready to supercharge kids’ holiday wish lists with special toys, a newSkylanders® SuperChargers Racing Action Pack, Skylanders merchandise, BlackFriday deals and more.
Activision Publishing is kick starting the season by releasing a special holiday variant Missile Tow Dive Clops.
The fun-loving character is a heavily armored deep-sea explorer with an eye out for evil who slows enemies with candy-coated missiles. Missile-Tow Dive-Clops is available in Europe in late November, and in the United States and Canada onDecember 2, first at GameStop and EB Games, respectively.
As you know Eon’s Elite figures have been released at Toys R Us and they look awesome! The first three have already been released Slam Bam, Zook, and Voodood. The last three are coming at the end of November (more details below).
Also available for the holiday season at Toys”R”Us® stores nationwide and online at www.Toysrus.com is the premium toy line Eon’s Elite, including fan-favorite characters Slam Bam, Zook and Voodood, as well as a new set of heroes — Ghost Roaster, Boomer and Dino-Rang — available first at Toys”R”Us beginning onNovember 29 ($19.99 MSRP).
Also being released is the second racing pack, which is for the Sky Terrain featuring Astro Blast, the Sky Runner, and the Sky Trophy that will unlock new tracks.
Fans also can get their hands on the second Skylanders SuperChargersRacing Action Pack, now for Sky terrains ($34.99 MSRP). The Sky Racing Action Pack takes Skylanders racing to new heights featuring Astro Blast and Sun Runner, as well as a Sky trophy which unlocks new tracks and modes. Astro Blast, the adventurous space cowboy, is SuperCharged and ready to take on the bad guys in his Sun Runner spaceship, fully equipped with anti-gravity and speedy capabilities.
Skylanders Superchargers is definitely going to be a hot item this season!
Skylanders SuperChargers has been named to the Toys”R”Us 2015 Hot Holiday Toy List, the Amazon Holiday Toy List and Toy Insider’s Hot 20 Holiday Toys List. Fans won’t want to miss out on special BlackFriday deals on Skyanders SuperChargers Starter Packs, offered at $39.99 MSRP at participating retailers.“Every year, the Skylanders franchise has produced innovative products that our customers love, including this year’s newest addition, Skylanders SuperChargers.” said Richard Barry, Executive Vice President, Global Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys”R”Us, Inc. “We are pleased to offer fans the broadest assortment of Skylanders merchandise this holiday season, to ensure they find the perfect present to put under the Christmas tree.”
We all have anticipated the release of Skylanders Superchargers for IOS/Apple devices. Last year we got the chance to play a full version of Skylanders Trap Team that could be played on your favorite console and Apple device. Well this year Activision is kicking it up a notch by introducing real-time online multiplayer gameplay with Skylanders Superchargers. The new release not only allows players be able to take the game on the go, but now we will also be able to play online against other Apple users.
Take a look at the press release below for more details. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
November 9, 2015 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), announced today that Skylanders®, the pioneers of the toys-to-life category, will further the company’s leadership in the mobile arena with Skylanders SuperChargers‘ launch on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple TV. The Skylanders SuperChargers AAA game experience with console-quality graphics* is now available for compatible iPad, and for the first time ever, select iPhone and iPod touch devices, as well as the new Apple TV. The Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple TV is now available in North America, Europe and Australia/New Zealand.
Developed by Vicarious Visions, Skylanders SuperChargers for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple TV presents even more value to fans with a new save feature using iCloud, offering seamless continuity across the Apple ecosystem. Players can simply log into their iCloud account, and the game will save its progress to iCloud automatically. Now, fans can enjoy Skylanders SuperChargers with ease and flexibility, starting the game in their bedrooms on the iPad or iPod touch, picking it up where they left off in the living room on the Apple TV and then taking it on the road in the backseat of mom’s car on their iPhone.
For the first time, Portal Masters can compete in four-person online multiplayer racing or two-person co-op adventure between devices through Apple’s Game Center. Players on Apple TV can also engage with others online who are on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
“Last year, fans loved how they could play the same incredible game on iPad as on other platforms. This year we are giving Portal Masters even more ways to play their favorite game as we expand Skylanders SuperChargers to Apple TV, iPhone and iPod touch,” said Josh Taub, senior vice president of product management for Skylanders at Activision. “Fans are able to play Skylanders SuperChargers on the compatible Apple platform of their choice, whenever and wherever they want.”
The Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple TV includes everything necessary for fans to play Skylanders SuperChargers out of the box, complete with exciting racetracks and captivating environments that push the technological and visual boundaries of gaming. The Starter Pack comes with the AAA game, the Portal of Power® with embedded Bluetooth® controller, a built-in stand, two Skylanders SuperChargers characters and a Skylanders SuperChargers vehicle.
Additionally, fans can play digitally without the Starter Pack contents. When playing digitally, they get for free two SuperCharger characters, Instant Spit Fire and Instant Hot Streak, upon download of the app, while in-app purchases unlock digital versions of unique characters and vehicles from Skylanders SuperChargers. Portal owners can download the app for free, play the first level and purchase the full game digitally.
“Skylanders took the toys-to-life industry one step further when they brought their game to iPad last year,” says Laurie Schacht, co-publisher of The Toy Insider. “By bringing this year’s game to Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Activision is enabling fans to play Skylanders SuperChargers in a truly compelling way on the platforms they’re on. This is the kind of magic we’ve seen consistently from the franchise since Skylanders created a brand new way for kids to play with their toys.”
- Skylanders Game Controller — Fans can play the game just like the console version using the Bluetooth® portal and toys with the custom Bluetooth® Skylanders game controller included in the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack.
- MFi Extended Game Controller — An MFi Extended Game controller can be used for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple TV – a great option for multiplayer.
- Apple TV Siri Remote — For the Apple TV, when players purchase the Starter Pack, Player 1 can use the Skylanders Game Controller and Player 2 can join in using the Siri Remote for great co-op action. The Apple TV Siri Remote also can be used by players who download the game and experience the first level for free, or by players who buy the full digital version of the game through the In-App Purchase.
- Touch Controls — For iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, players have the option to use just on-screen touch controls.
Skylanders SuperChargers expands upon the franchise’s signature gameplay to introduce vehicles-to-life, an entirely new way for fans to experience the magic of Skylands. The trailblazing innovation of Skylanders SuperChargers is realized when gamers take the helm of powerful, tricked-out land, sea and sky vehicles that are playable in both the physical and digital worlds in a high octane action-adventure videogame.
Skylanders SuperChargers offers a rich story-driven gameplay experience filled with vehicle-based and on-foot adventures, combat, puzzles, mini games, activities and platforming, set within a variety of all-new compelling environments. The game features a brand-new class of heroes that is distinct with fresh moves, powerful attacks and all-new weapons. Additionally, Skylanders SuperChargersfor iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Apple TV is forward compatible with more than 300 toys from all previous games.
The Skylanders SuperChargers game experience is playable on Apple TV, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPod touch 6. Fans with iPhone 5/5C, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad mini can enjoy the full game, excluding online functionality. Voice chat and split screen is not supported on Apple devices.
For more information please visit https://www.skylanders.com/ or follow us on Instagram @SkylanderstheGame, Twitter @SkylandersGame and Facebook.com/SkylandersGame.
I cannot count the number of times I’ve been let down by the miscellaneous adventure packs. Until now, the ultimate adventure pack was Swap Force’s Tower of Time. Meanwhile Sheep Wreck Island and last year’s Midnight Museum were also highlights. The Sea Racing Action Pack is a new standard on which all Action/Adventure Packs should be judged
Before we get to the additional content the game adds, let’s talk about Deep Dive Gill Grunt and Reef Ripper. This is the fourth iteration of Gill Grunt, and seeing him again, I wasn’t particularly excited. Between the metallic variation and the sidekick Gill Runt, who needs a seventh Gill Grunt?
Well I’m happy to report that Deep Dive Gill Grunt is wildly different from his previous incarnations. Deep Dive Gill Grunt emphasizes trident attacks and his ability to levitate off the grand via a wave. Both of these are viable attacks. The trident attack is one of the fastest attacks in the game.. Meanwhile, his wave levitation not only deals a lot of damage, but it gives Gill Grunt excellent maneuverability. It’s nice to see a Skylander who can close the gap between himself and enemies with both speed and sufficiency.
As for his talent skill trees, Deep Dive Gill Grunt is another huge win. I actually had a hard time making a decision about which path to follow. In one instance, Storm Summoner making his trident more powerful by fusing it with lightning. That said, Torrent Tamer gives his wave more range and damage. Both skill trees are amazing, but no matter which skill tree you choose, the subsequent damage and viability is a massive boon that’s hard to compare. This is the best Gill Grunt has ever been, and he is now one of the top tier water Skylanders in the game.
As for Reef Ripper, it’s a viable water craft with excellent mods. Its singular attack is decent, but nothing to write home about; however, the area of effect damage attack is pretty spectacular. In 360 degree water sections, Reef Ripper is devastating. It fends of enemies with ease, while in racing mode, it shines when enemies cluster around you.
As for his Supercharger Mission, you’ll enjoy this tough mission of trying to catch fish. As players race around the Golden Temple, they have to acquire fish of different values. While it’s easy to score the 1 and 2 star victories, most players will have a tough time getting that elusive third star (100k points). It’s one of the best missions from what players have seen so far.
With all that in mind, I cannot emphasize enough how amazing these two figurines look. Gill Grunt is the first Skylander, in series history, to make his base a part of the figurine. It’s one of the smartest and coolest designs ever conceived. But that’s nothing when compared to Reef Ripper.
Reef Ripper is a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Captain Nemo inspired vehicle. You need to hold his figurine to appreciate its quality. Aesthetically, it’s gorgeous. But the swivel in the tale, the colors and the drill embellishments all stand out. This is Skylanders crowning achievement in design. Both Gill Grunt and Reef Ripper are a benchmark on which all subsequent Skylander figurines shall be judged. It’s an extraordinary achievement.
The Additional Content
Unlike previous Skylander Adventure Packs which added in more content with levels, this time the Sea Racing Action Pack adds additional racing levels. The two additional levels are Tropic Plunder and The Golden Temple.
Tropic Plunder has players flying over volcanoes and diving under pirate ships, while the Golden Tower has players getting significant air time with frequent jumps and boosts. I love the additional levels, and while they’re not worth the price alone, they’re another excellent reason why the Sea Racing Action Pack is a worthy addition.
If you own Superchargers, buy the Sea Racing Action Pack. It might be the best additional content released to date. From a collector’s standpoint, Skylanders never looked better.
This post originally appeared on my blog TheBookishGamer
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Today Apple announced that there is a new Apple TV coming to a retailer near you. This version of Apple TV is pretty sweet in my opinion the touch screen function is an awesome feature, but the gaming feature really has me ready to spend my money.
If you say the presentation you saw that Guitar Hero Live is coming to Apple TV this fall. What you may not know is that Guitar Hero isn’t the only title from Activision that will be available. Along with Guitar Hero Live, Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved and Skylanders Superchargers will be coming to Apple TV and other Apple devices this Fall.
Since the announcement Activision has been asked many questions and has released a press release giving us a little more information about the news. It isn’t much most we already know as far as Skylanders goes, but below I included the info shared in the release.
Activision can confirm that Guitar Hero Live is coming to the newly announced Apple TV, as well as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch this fall. People will be able to play in their living room with Apple TV and take their game on the go with iPhone or iPad, as the Bluetooth Guitar controller works across Apple devices.
Guitar Hero Live was built from the ground up to bring the rock star fantasy to life in a way that was never possible before, with live action film, real crowds that react to how you play and the world’s first playable music video network. Guitar Hero is and has always been a global phenomenon, so the game was designed to reflect the way people consume entertainment today.Jamie Jackson, co-studio head and creative director at FreeStyleGames, is pretty stoked:
“We jumped at the opportunity to bring back Guitar Hero in a cool new way with
Guitar Hero Live and have been energized by the response from fans who have had a chance to play it so far. We can’t wait for the game to launch next month and think people are going to get a kick out of living their rock star fantasy on consoles, mobile devices and Apple TV this fall. It’s going to be rad!”
Activision can also confirm that two other Activision games –
Check out the Activision blog for more details:
I think this is awesome for us Apple users we can play on every Apple platform except Desktops. It will be cool to be able to go from one device to the next. You could be gaming out on your console have to leave just snatch your tablet or phone and go. Siblings hogging the computer no worries just turn on Apple TV and get Supercharged. I am interested in seeing the gameplay on the different devices will it match up to the console version? We only have little while longer to find out! Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
As we know the villains are back in the new game with a twist. Check out the article I posted with all the info straight from Activision here. Thanks to my Aussie mate Justin for sharing these images with me so that I could share them with you. There are many familiar faces coming back like Chef Pepper Jack and Wolfgang but there are some villains we haven’t seen before like Spellslamzer, which has me excited to play this game even more! You can see the images in the gallery below hope you enjoy them. Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
GamesCom is well on its way this is the first day of the largest video game convention in Germany. With previous releases we have gotten more updates about the game before it’s released and it looks like the same will happen again this year. Check out the official press release from GamesCom 2015 courtesy of Activision.
Rev your engines! Skylanders®, the #1 kids’ console franchise worldwide is taking to Land, Sea and Air with Skylanders® SuperChargers on September 20 in North America. Skylanders SuperChargers expands upon the franchise’s signature gameplay to introduce vehicles-to-life — an entirely new way for fans to experience the magic of Skylands. For the first time, kids can explore and navigate the mountainous terrains, deep-sea environments and big blue skies of Skylands like never before with amazingly detailed vehicles, many of which feature moving parts that will play in the real world and come to life in the game via the Portal of Power®.
The trailblazing vehicles-to-life innovation of Skylanders SuperChargers is realized when players take helm of powerful, tricked-out land, sea and sky vehicles. Skylanders SuperChargers is an unprecedented high-octane action-adventure video game where fans have the freedom to speed across Skylands’ roads in vehicular combat, race down roaring rapids and engage in aerial dogfights as they barrel roll through enemy swarms.
In addition to vehicle-to-life, Skylanders is packing some major star power with the introduction of two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — as guest stars in Skylanders SuperChargers. The characters, along with their specially created vehicles will be available exclusively in Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs for the Nintendo platforms.
In Skylanders SuperChargers, Kaos’ quest to rule over Skylands reveals his most sinister weapon ever – a massive “Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction” capable of eating the sky itself. Fortunately, a special team of Skylanders known as the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an incredible fleet of vehicles with the power to travel through the destruction – over land, sea, and sky!
Skylanders SuperChargers introduces 20 new SuperCharger characters and 20 new vehicles, while also supporting all 300+ Skylanders toys from previous games, enabling any Skylanders character to pilot land, sea or sky-based vehicles.
Additionally, for the first time, players can purchase the digital Portal Owners Pack via connected consoles or for select iPads. They can download the full AAA game and complete the mainline game with Instant Spitfire SuperCharger and Instant Hot Streak vehicle. They can also use a Portal they already own to enjoy the full game experience with physical toys from the new Skylanders SuperChargers along with their existing collections.
- Vehicles-to-Life – For the first time, players can take their Skylanders vehicles straight from the real world into the videogame via the Portal of Power to explore the land, sea and skies of Skylands. The vehicles are aligned by element and terrain type, giving players unique abilities and diverse experiences across different settings throughout the game. Not only are the vehicles playable in-game, but many also have movable parts making the toys fun and playable outside of the game.
- New Heroes – A brand-new class of Skylanders, known as SuperChargers are ready to buckle up and throw down with special in-game abilities that help Portal Masters fight Kaos. For the first time in Skylanders history, two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — will guest star in Skylanders SuperChargers. These special Skylanders will be playable in both Skylanders SuperChargers and select amiibo-compatible games with a simple twist of the character’s base. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser will be exclusively playable on the following Nintendo platforms: Wii U, Wii and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- Customized Vehicles – In Skylanders SuperChargers, kids explore Skylands like never before by going behind the wheel of powerful, tricked-out vehicles. SuperChargers will have the ability to customize vehicles in-game with super cool modifications and upgradeable weapons. As players travel throughout the game, they can also discover hidden mods such as a volcanic booster engine that spews lava rocks and jet wings with feathers made of gold.
- SuperCharged Combos – For the ultimate gaming experience, players can pair a SuperCharger Skylander with its unique signature vehicle to create a SuperCharged combination, unlocking an exclusive mod that revs up the performance of the vehicle. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser’s signature vehicles are available for Nintendo platforms exclusively.
- More Diverse Gameplay – The game delivers a dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with vehicle-based and on-foot adventure – complete with combat, puzzles, mini games, activities and platforming — all set within a variety of compelling environments. There will be 20 new vehicles toys that fans can play with that feature a variety of designs and types – race cars, motorcycles, boats, tanks, helicopters, jets, submarines and more.
o Land: Stunt, skid, and drift while driving and experiencing high-octane combat
o Sea: Explore underwater seas, race down roaring rapids and ride the surf and waves o Sky: Engage in aerial dogfighting and enjoy freedom of flight with 360 degrees of control.
• Fast-Paced Storyline – Fans can immerse themselves in an all-new, high-velocity adventure that ignites imaginations and fuels excitement as they speed through Skylands like never before.
• Online Multiplayer Gameplay – For the first time in Skylanders history, Skylanders SuperChargers is offering online multiplayer gameplay on console. Whether it’s online co-op play in Adventure Mode or four-player competitive racing, family and friends are sure to have a blast. Voice-chat is available with players on your friends list and with friends of friends to fuel fun competition online.
• Racing Mode – Racing Mode is an all-new way to play, featuring a mix of high-octane, supercharged racing and combat, accentuated by power-ups, boosts, hazards and more. What’s more, Racing Mode is available right out of the box in the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack! There are a total of six race tracks in the Starter Pack for fans to play – two for each terrain type: Land, Sea and Sky. Players can also purchase Racing Action Packs that unlock additional content. A total of three Racing Action Packs, one for each terrain, will be available and include three special toys (a SuperCharger, Vehicle and villain trophy). The villain trophy unlocks two new tracks and new modes, including SuperVillain Cup, Boss Pursuit and Mirror Cup.
• Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for the Wii and 3DS: Fans can augment their SuperCharger experience with a complementary, dedicated racing combat game — Skylanders SuperChargers Racing — for the WiiTM system and Nintendo 3DSTM hand-held system. All-new tracks, augmented with power-ups, boosts, hazards and more, offer up to 50 different and exciting gameplay experiences. On Nintendo 3DS, gamers can go head-to-head with competitive multiplayer via local play or online with up to four players. Iconic Nintendo character BowserTM and his Sky vehicle, Clown Cruiser are available in the Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Starter Packs for Wii and Nintendo 3DS and can also be played on the Wii UTM system. The Supercharged character not only works in Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, but also as amiibo in compatible Nintendo games, so players can store their saved data in both modes with a simple twist of the figure’s base.
IGN posted a video of some gameplay footage sorry guys it’s in German but the gameplay footage looks really good! Check out the video link below. I include some more images of the vehicles, toys, and more in the gallery as well take a look at those at your leisure. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
<iframe src=”http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/8/5/gamescom-2015-videoanteprima-skylanders-supercharg-ign-it” width=”468″ height=”263″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>