Do you have a major collection addiction? Having trouble finding cool ways to display your collection? Well the folks over at Doss Industries have the perfect solution for you.
I came across this company by chance I was contacted by a rep of the company to see if I would be interested in their product the Brick Rack. At first I was thinking to myself what the heck is a Brick Rack. I figured it was a display shelf for LEGO’s. Boy was I surprised to see that LEGO’s isn’t the only thing you can display with the Brick Rack.
So what is a Brick Rack? Well to put it in simple terms it is a specially made shelf rack that has up to 7 slots. Each slot is custom designed to let you slide Lego pieces in them so that you the collector can create a one of a kind wall display. So for those of you out there that have a bunch of LEGO pieces lying around and can’t seem to figure out what to do with them here is your chance to put them to good use.
This the description of the Brick Rack that you can find on the website:
BRICK RACK features 7 custom grooves designed to hold LEGO bricks. You can quickly build a custom wall display that is as versatile as LEGO!
LEGO estimates that, on average, every person on EARTH owns 86 LEGO bricks. You’ve probably got 3 or 4 bins of unused LEGO somewhere in your home.
If not, we also sell LEGO bricks to make shelves with!
Not only has Doss Industries created a new and innovative way to display your collection(s), but as stated above they also sell Lego pieces if you need them. What’s even cooler is that this product was created for collectors by collectors.
Owner and Creator of the Brick Rack Gary Doss has over 20 years experience collecting and displaying toys, so you know he knows his stuff.
He also is the owner and curator of the Classic Toy Museum and the Burlingame Museum of PEZ Memorabilia, his passion for collectibles inspired him to create the BRICK RACK Display System.
Designed to work with Lego bricks (arguably the most abundant resource found in the home), collectors can easily assemble, build, and construct a custom wall display to share and celebrate their unique passion.
The Brick Rack can be used to display numerous things such as Skylanders, Amiibo, Lego Dimension, and Disney Infinity figures. As well as Funko Pops! Hot Wheels, Golf Balls, Shot Glasses, Marbles, Spoons, and more!
There are over 15 different step-by step instructions to building shelves with Lego bricks available on their website free of charge. Another added bonus is that your figures will “Snap” right into place. No worries about your figures accidentally falling off the shelf and creating a tragic situation.
But LJ what if I hate dusting my collection and want to enclose my collection? No problem Brick Rack has you covered. Lego creates all kinds of clear bricks and wall elements that can be used to keep you collectibles dust free!
Normally each model 7 Brick Rack is $69.95, but because I love you all so much I was able to get our readers a 10% discount if you order using the provided link below. I think this is an ingenious idea! Makes you wonder why no one else has thought about this. I for one will be looking at adding a Brick Rack or two to my display room to keep things tidier.
If you choose to order make sure to use the link so that you save some money and let me know what you think of the product. Give us a Like or a Follow on your favorite social media platforms and until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
GamesCom is well on its way this is the first day of the largest video game convention in Germany. With previous releases we have gotten more updates about the game before it’s released and it looks like the same will happen again this year. Check out the official press release from GamesCom 2015 courtesy of Activision.
Rev your engines! Skylanders®, the #1 kids’ console franchise worldwide is taking to Land, Sea and Air with Skylanders® SuperChargers on September 20 in North America. Skylanders SuperChargers expands upon the franchise’s signature gameplay to introduce vehicles-to-life — an entirely new way for fans to experience the magic of Skylands. For the first time, kids can explore and navigate the mountainous terrains, deep-sea environments and big blue skies of Skylands like never before with amazingly detailed vehicles, many of which feature moving parts that will play in the real world and come to life in the game via the Portal of Power®.
The trailblazing vehicles-to-life innovation of Skylanders SuperChargers is realized when players take helm of powerful, tricked-out land, sea and sky vehicles. Skylanders SuperChargers is an unprecedented high-octane action-adventure video game where fans have the freedom to speed across Skylands’ roads in vehicular combat, race down roaring rapids and engage in aerial dogfights as they barrel roll through enemy swarms.
In addition to vehicle-to-life, Skylanders is packing some major star power with the introduction of two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — as guest stars in Skylanders SuperChargers. The characters, along with their specially created vehicles will be available exclusively in Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs for the Nintendo platforms.
In Skylanders SuperChargers, Kaos’ quest to rule over Skylands reveals his most sinister weapon ever – a massive “Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction” capable of eating the sky itself. Fortunately, a special team of Skylanders known as the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an incredible fleet of vehicles with the power to travel through the destruction – over land, sea, and sky!
Skylanders SuperChargers introduces 20 new SuperCharger characters and 20 new vehicles, while also supporting all 300+ Skylanders toys from previous games, enabling any Skylanders character to pilot land, sea or sky-based vehicles.
Additionally, for the first time, players can purchase the digital Portal Owners Pack via connected consoles or for select iPads. They can download the full AAA game and complete the mainline game with Instant Spitfire SuperCharger and Instant Hot Streak vehicle. They can also use a Portal they already own to enjoy the full game experience with physical toys from the new Skylanders SuperChargers along with their existing collections.
- Vehicles-to-Life – For the first time, players can take their Skylanders vehicles straight from the real world into the videogame via the Portal of Power to explore the land, sea and skies of Skylands. The vehicles are aligned by element and terrain type, giving players unique abilities and diverse experiences across different settings throughout the game. Not only are the vehicles playable in-game, but many also have movable parts making the toys fun and playable outside of the game.
- New Heroes – A brand-new class of Skylanders, known as SuperChargers are ready to buckle up and throw down with special in-game abilities that help Portal Masters fight Kaos. For the first time in Skylanders history, two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — will guest star in Skylanders SuperChargers. These special Skylanders will be playable in both Skylanders SuperChargers and select amiibo-compatible games with a simple twist of the character’s base. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser will be exclusively playable on the following Nintendo platforms: Wii U, Wii and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- Customized Vehicles – In Skylanders SuperChargers, kids explore Skylands like never before by going behind the wheel of powerful, tricked-out vehicles. SuperChargers will have the ability to customize vehicles in-game with super cool modifications and upgradeable weapons. As players travel throughout the game, they can also discover hidden mods such as a volcanic booster engine that spews lava rocks and jet wings with feathers made of gold.
- SuperCharged Combos – For the ultimate gaming experience, players can pair a SuperCharger Skylander with its unique signature vehicle to create a SuperCharged combination, unlocking an exclusive mod that revs up the performance of the vehicle. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser’s signature vehicles are available for Nintendo platforms exclusively.
- More Diverse Gameplay – The game delivers a dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with vehicle-based and on-foot adventure – complete with combat, puzzles, mini games, activities and platforming — all set within a variety of compelling environments. There will be 20 new vehicles toys that fans can play with that feature a variety of designs and types – race cars, motorcycles, boats, tanks, helicopters, jets, submarines and more.
o Land: Stunt, skid, and drift while driving and experiencing high-octane combat
o Sea: Explore underwater seas, race down roaring rapids and ride the surf and waves o Sky: Engage in aerial dogfighting and enjoy freedom of flight with 360 degrees of control.
• Fast-Paced Storyline – Fans can immerse themselves in an all-new, high-velocity adventure that ignites imaginations and fuels excitement as they speed through Skylands like never before.
• Online Multiplayer Gameplay – For the first time in Skylanders history, Skylanders SuperChargers is offering online multiplayer gameplay on console. Whether it’s online co-op play in Adventure Mode or four-player competitive racing, family and friends are sure to have a blast. Voice-chat is available with players on your friends list and with friends of friends to fuel fun competition online.
• Racing Mode – Racing Mode is an all-new way to play, featuring a mix of high-octane, supercharged racing and combat, accentuated by power-ups, boosts, hazards and more. What’s more, Racing Mode is available right out of the box in the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack! There are a total of six race tracks in the Starter Pack for fans to play – two for each terrain type: Land, Sea and Sky. Players can also purchase Racing Action Packs that unlock additional content. A total of three Racing Action Packs, one for each terrain, will be available and include three special toys (a SuperCharger, Vehicle and villain trophy). The villain trophy unlocks two new tracks and new modes, including SuperVillain Cup, Boss Pursuit and Mirror Cup.
• Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for the Wii and 3DS: Fans can augment their SuperCharger experience with a complementary, dedicated racing combat game — Skylanders SuperChargers Racing — for the WiiTM system and Nintendo 3DSTM hand-held system. All-new tracks, augmented with power-ups, boosts, hazards and more, offer up to 50 different and exciting gameplay experiences. On Nintendo 3DS, gamers can go head-to-head with competitive multiplayer via local play or online with up to four players. Iconic Nintendo character BowserTM and his Sky vehicle, Clown Cruiser are available in the Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Starter Packs for Wii and Nintendo 3DS and can also be played on the Wii UTM system. The Supercharged character not only works in Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, but also as amiibo in compatible Nintendo games, so players can store their saved data in both modes with a simple twist of the figure’s base.
IGN posted a video of some gameplay footage sorry guys it’s in German but the gameplay footage looks really good! Check out the video link below. I include some more images of the vehicles, toys, and more in the gallery as well take a look at those at your leisure. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
<iframe src=”http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/8/5/gamescom-2015-videoanteprima-skylanders-supercharg-ign-it” width=”468″ height=”263″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
A few weeks ago the Dark Edition starter packs were announced at SDCC all the starter packs went up for sale that week except the Wii Starters. It had some of us thinking it would be region locked or that a Wii version was not being made. I kept trying to reassure some of you that there would indeed be a starter pack for the Wii console’s I just hadn’t figured out why they were not available yet until now.
Recently Toys R Us announced that the Dark Edition Wii Starters and Dark Bowser would be exclusive to Toys R Us stores. See good things come to those who wait 🙂
If you are a completest like myself or you have a crazy Amiibo addiction like most of us Amiibo collectors then you will want to get your hands on this one before they are gone.
Until Next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
I have been out-of-town for the past few weeks so I haven’t been able to post any info, but I am stoked for E3 like most of you are. It will be announced at 12:00 pm tomorrow and I bet there will be a lot of stuff to be seen. Nothing to share as of yet besides Nintendo is now teaming up with Activision to support Amiibos, which I think will be an awesome venture for both companies. Check out the image below.
I’m over the moon to see Bowser and DK join the Skylanders in this adventure. They will be availble in Wii, Wii U, and 3DS starters from what I can see, but my question is will these be the only Amiibos? I’m sure there will be more I mean how can you have Bowser without Mario?
There is a new E3 exclusive this year and it isn’t a Skylander per say. This year we will be getting an exclusive variant of Hot Streak and I must say the color scheme is pretty awesome!
According to press releases there will be new and returning licenses coming out with the release of the new game as well.Man there is a lot of stuff coming with this new release licenses galore glad to see that things will be a bit different from it was last year. I didn’t notice as many licenses in 2014. I know there will be so much more info so I’ll be posting as I get it when I can as I’m still on the road. I’ve got one more image that you may not have seen check this out!
This Skylanders name is Fiesta I guess it is safe to assume he was inspired by the Mexican Day of The Dead holiday and art. He looks BOOMTASTIC! I’m so full from all this Skylanders info I feel like I am going to burst! Yet I still keep screaming FEED ME MORE! LOL! How do you all feel about the new look of the characters and vehicles? Will you be adding the new Skylanders Amiibos to your collection? I know I will and if you are as addicted to Skylanders as I am you will too. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!