Category Archives: Affiliates
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Today Apple announced that there is a new Apple TV coming to a retailer near you. This version of Apple TV is pretty sweet in my opinion the touch screen function is an awesome feature, but the gaming feature really has me ready to spend my money.
If you say the presentation you saw that Guitar Hero Live is coming to Apple TV this fall. What you may not know is that Guitar Hero isn’t the only title from Activision that will be available. Along with Guitar Hero Live, Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved and Skylanders Superchargers will be coming to Apple TV and other Apple devices this Fall.
Since the announcement Activision has been asked many questions and has released a press release giving us a little more information about the news. It isn’t much most we already know as far as Skylanders goes, but below I included the info shared in the release.
Activision can confirm that Guitar Hero Live is coming to the newly announced Apple TV, as well as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch this fall. People will be able to play in their living room with Apple TV and take their game on the go with iPhone or iPad, as the Bluetooth Guitar controller works across Apple devices.
Guitar Hero Live was built from the ground up to bring the rock star fantasy to life in a way that was never possible before, with live action film, real crowds that react to how you play and the world’s first playable music video network. Guitar Hero is and has always been a global phenomenon, so the game was designed to reflect the way people consume entertainment today.Jamie Jackson, co-studio head and creative director at FreeStyleGames, is pretty stoked:
“We jumped at the opportunity to bring back Guitar Hero in a cool new way with
Guitar Hero Live and have been energized by the response from fans who have had a chance to play it so far. We can’t wait for the game to launch next month and think people are going to get a kick out of living their rock star fantasy on consoles, mobile devices and Apple TV this fall. It’s going to be rad!”
Activision can also confirm that two other Activision games –
Check out the Activision blog for more details:
I think this is awesome for us Apple users we can play on every Apple platform except Desktops. It will be cool to be able to go from one device to the next. You could be gaming out on your console have to leave just snatch your tablet or phone and go. Siblings hogging the computer no worries just turn on Apple TV and get Supercharged. I am interested in seeing the gameplay on the different devices will it match up to the console version? We only have little while longer to find out! Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
Halloween is just right around the corner so have you thought about costumes yet? If you are looking for some cool costume ideas check out costumeexpress.com they have an awesome selection of costumes especially Skylanders themed ones for all the Portal Masters out there. I personally like the Snap Shot and Kaos costumes would be cool if I could find a Kaos costume in my size lol!
If you do decide to make a purchase take a picture of what you got and tag us by using the hashtag #SkylanderAddictsLoveCostumeExpress so we can share your awesomeness. BOOM! Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
Just because summer is winding to an end, doesn’t mean that the fun and adventure has to stop there. We here at Skylander Addicts want you to share your real-life adventures with your Skylanders, and with us.
Going to the beach for some final summertime fun? Take a Skylander along!
Going to an amusement park for some last minute thrills? Take a Skylander along!
Even if you are staying close to home, use your Skylanders to help show off your home town. What makes your hometown, your state or even your country unique? Use your locale as a backdrop to show off your favorite Skylanders.
Once you have taken your photos, be sure to visit Skylander Addicts & Collectibles on Facebook to share your photo with us. Also, if you are Instagram, be sure and upload your photos there too.
When sharing, use the hashtag #skylanderaddictsontheroad Use your imaginations we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Photos By: Ziotec and LJ The Toy Addict
OMG! It just keeps getting better! If you are an avid Skylanders junkie like myself you where probably jumping on the furniture, screaming “Boo-Ya-Ka!”at the top of your lungs, calling your best friend to telling him game night has just gotten real! No… that was just me? Aw shucks!
On a serious note today Activision unleashed some of the best news ever in my opinion. Not only will we be getting a new Supercharged Skylanders game, but we also will be getting a new mobile game titled Skylanders Battlecast. This new game uses digital and physical cards. SAY WHAT!!! Yup! Activision is holding no punches this year (Sorry competition, not sorry LOL!).
See for me I get the best of both worlds I get a new Skylanders game and a new card game. I have played card games like Magic, Yu-gi-oh, and Pokemon for years. Now I’m really into Hearthstone, which is another Activision/Blizzard game involving cards that is just plain addictive in its own right. So I have high hopes and expectations for this game.
Check out the official trailer and press release below to get the scoop on what we can expect to see from Activision with Skylanders Battlecast. Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
“Built from the ground up to bring Skylanders to life on mobile devices, Skylanders Battlecast combines physical card play with mobile gaming in an all-new way,” says Eric Hirshberg, CEO, Activision Publishing, Inc. “This is our biggest investment, and one of our most magical ideas yet, for the Skylanders franchise on mobile.”
“We are bringing physical cards to life in an exciting new way. Activision has assembled a team of experts across video game design, physical card game design, pro card players and top card artists to develop an amazing new experience,” says Josh Taub, senior vice president, product management, Activision Publishing. “With Skylanders Battlecast, fans can expect the amazing creativity, innovation and fun that Skylanders games are known for delivering.”
Coming in 2016, Skylanders Battlecast will be available via the App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
This is just a heads up for all of you all that are playing catch up on figures and starters. Toys R Us is having a great sale now all starter packs are 50% off! That’s right 50% off!
This is an awesome deal for those off us that are completest and like to have everything or if you just couldn’t manage to get them when they were regular priced. Here is a link to order Toys R Us
Hope this helps out until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
S/O to Ghost Roaster for the info via Skylanders Superchargers Wave 1 Retail Packshot –.
Who is anxiously counting down the days until SuperChargers releases? I know we are here at my house! It has been confirmed by Activision that this release will feature two exciting franchise firsts. First, knowing this release features vehicles, it seems only fitting that it would also have a racing mode.
You can race two player head-to-head locally and with up to four players online. You read that correctly—online. That’s because in addition to racing, this edition is going to allow for online multiplayer mode. Have a friend across the pond who is as much of an Addict as you? Now you can join in the fun together. That has to be one of the most anticipated new features. It is the one area where this game has lacked when compared to other games. It’s great to see Activision finally make this available.
Have a Wii or Nintendo 3DS? If so, you can also play an exclusive, dedicated racing combat game. In your starter pack you will find Bowser and his Sky Cruiser. Have a WiiU? In your starter pack you will find Donkey Kong and his Land Vehicle. As if this wasn’t exciting enough, these figures will also be Amiibo compatible.
Don’t have a Nintendo system? No worries—you can still find Skylanders SuperChargers for your Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and IPad.
SuperChargers hits store shelves September 20 in the US and on September 25 in Europe. Who are you most excited to add to your collection on release day? Let us know in the comments section or on our social sites.
GamesCom is well on its way this is the first day of the largest video game convention in Germany. With previous releases we have gotten more updates about the game before it’s released and it looks like the same will happen again this year. Check out the official press release from GamesCom 2015 courtesy of Activision.
Rev your engines! Skylanders®, the #1 kids’ console franchise worldwide is taking to Land, Sea and Air with Skylanders® SuperChargers on September 20 in North America. Skylanders SuperChargers expands upon the franchise’s signature gameplay to introduce vehicles-to-life — an entirely new way for fans to experience the magic of Skylands. For the first time, kids can explore and navigate the mountainous terrains, deep-sea environments and big blue skies of Skylands like never before with amazingly detailed vehicles, many of which feature moving parts that will play in the real world and come to life in the game via the Portal of Power®.
The trailblazing vehicles-to-life innovation of Skylanders SuperChargers is realized when players take helm of powerful, tricked-out land, sea and sky vehicles. Skylanders SuperChargers is an unprecedented high-octane action-adventure video game where fans have the freedom to speed across Skylands’ roads in vehicular combat, race down roaring rapids and engage in aerial dogfights as they barrel roll through enemy swarms.
In addition to vehicle-to-life, Skylanders is packing some major star power with the introduction of two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — as guest stars in Skylanders SuperChargers. The characters, along with their specially created vehicles will be available exclusively in Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs for the Nintendo platforms.
In Skylanders SuperChargers, Kaos’ quest to rule over Skylands reveals his most sinister weapon ever – a massive “Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction” capable of eating the sky itself. Fortunately, a special team of Skylanders known as the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an incredible fleet of vehicles with the power to travel through the destruction – over land, sea, and sky!
Skylanders SuperChargers introduces 20 new SuperCharger characters and 20 new vehicles, while also supporting all 300+ Skylanders toys from previous games, enabling any Skylanders character to pilot land, sea or sky-based vehicles.
Additionally, for the first time, players can purchase the digital Portal Owners Pack via connected consoles or for select iPads. They can download the full AAA game and complete the mainline game with Instant Spitfire SuperCharger and Instant Hot Streak vehicle. They can also use a Portal they already own to enjoy the full game experience with physical toys from the new Skylanders SuperChargers along with their existing collections.
- Vehicles-to-Life – For the first time, players can take their Skylanders vehicles straight from the real world into the videogame via the Portal of Power to explore the land, sea and skies of Skylands. The vehicles are aligned by element and terrain type, giving players unique abilities and diverse experiences across different settings throughout the game. Not only are the vehicles playable in-game, but many also have movable parts making the toys fun and playable outside of the game.
- New Heroes – A brand-new class of Skylanders, known as SuperChargers are ready to buckle up and throw down with special in-game abilities that help Portal Masters fight Kaos. For the first time in Skylanders history, two of Nintendo’s iconic characters — Donkey Kong and Bowser — will guest star in Skylanders SuperChargers. These special Skylanders will be playable in both Skylanders SuperChargers and select amiibo-compatible games with a simple twist of the character’s base. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser will be exclusively playable on the following Nintendo platforms: Wii U, Wii and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- Customized Vehicles – In Skylanders SuperChargers, kids explore Skylands like never before by going behind the wheel of powerful, tricked-out vehicles. SuperChargers will have the ability to customize vehicles in-game with super cool modifications and upgradeable weapons. As players travel throughout the game, they can also discover hidden mods such as a volcanic booster engine that spews lava rocks and jet wings with feathers made of gold.
- SuperCharged Combos – For the ultimate gaming experience, players can pair a SuperCharger Skylander with its unique signature vehicle to create a SuperCharged combination, unlocking an exclusive mod that revs up the performance of the vehicle. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser’s signature vehicles are available for Nintendo platforms exclusively.
- More Diverse Gameplay – The game delivers a dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with vehicle-based and on-foot adventure – complete with combat, puzzles, mini games, activities and platforming — all set within a variety of compelling environments. There will be 20 new vehicles toys that fans can play with that feature a variety of designs and types – race cars, motorcycles, boats, tanks, helicopters, jets, submarines and more.
o Land: Stunt, skid, and drift while driving and experiencing high-octane combat
o Sea: Explore underwater seas, race down roaring rapids and ride the surf and waves o Sky: Engage in aerial dogfighting and enjoy freedom of flight with 360 degrees of control.
• Fast-Paced Storyline – Fans can immerse themselves in an all-new, high-velocity adventure that ignites imaginations and fuels excitement as they speed through Skylands like never before.
• Online Multiplayer Gameplay – For the first time in Skylanders history, Skylanders SuperChargers is offering online multiplayer gameplay on console. Whether it’s online co-op play in Adventure Mode or four-player competitive racing, family and friends are sure to have a blast. Voice-chat is available with players on your friends list and with friends of friends to fuel fun competition online.
• Racing Mode – Racing Mode is an all-new way to play, featuring a mix of high-octane, supercharged racing and combat, accentuated by power-ups, boosts, hazards and more. What’s more, Racing Mode is available right out of the box in the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack! There are a total of six race tracks in the Starter Pack for fans to play – two for each terrain type: Land, Sea and Sky. Players can also purchase Racing Action Packs that unlock additional content. A total of three Racing Action Packs, one for each terrain, will be available and include three special toys (a SuperCharger, Vehicle and villain trophy). The villain trophy unlocks two new tracks and new modes, including SuperVillain Cup, Boss Pursuit and Mirror Cup.
• Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for the Wii and 3DS: Fans can augment their SuperCharger experience with a complementary, dedicated racing combat game — Skylanders SuperChargers Racing — for the WiiTM system and Nintendo 3DSTM hand-held system. All-new tracks, augmented with power-ups, boosts, hazards and more, offer up to 50 different and exciting gameplay experiences. On Nintendo 3DS, gamers can go head-to-head with competitive multiplayer via local play or online with up to four players. Iconic Nintendo character BowserTM and his Sky vehicle, Clown Cruiser are available in the Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Starter Packs for Wii and Nintendo 3DS and can also be played on the Wii UTM system. The Supercharged character not only works in Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, but also as amiibo in compatible Nintendo games, so players can store their saved data in both modes with a simple twist of the figure’s base.
IGN posted a video of some gameplay footage sorry guys it’s in German but the gameplay footage looks really good! Check out the video link below. I include some more images of the vehicles, toys, and more in the gallery as well take a look at those at your leisure. Until next time I’ll catch you on the SKYSIDE!
<iframe src=”http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/8/5/gamescom-2015-videoanteprima-skylanders-supercharg-ign-it” width=”468″ height=”263″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Good morning addicts,
I just woke up to a bunch of confirmed and official Skylanders SuperChargers information. Here is the official press release in its entirety which gives us all information about Skylanders SuperChargers Online. Hope you all are as excited as I am. VROOM, VROOM, Let’s get ready to start those engines on Sept. 20. Catch you all later on the Skyside!
COLOGNE, Germany–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), continues to blaze the toys-to-life trail with Skylanders franchise firsts, racing and online multiplayer gameplay on console in Skylanders® SuperChargers, developed by Vicarious Visions. Whether fans prefer co-operative play in Adventure Mode or competitive multiplayer with up to four players in Racing Mode, Skylanders SuperChargers’ online gaming is fueled with adrenaline-pumping action right out of the box.
“We continue to be firmly committed to driving Skylanders’ spirit for providing originality, innovation, creativity and fun with each game.”
Skylanders’ all-new Racing Mode, playable in Land, Sea and Sky environments, features supercharged racing combat, layering in even more depth and excitement to the game’s online multiplayer component. The high-octane mode is further amplified with all-new time trials, which include three-lap races that take friendly competition up a notch as players battle for the best time score on the leaderboard. All Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs will come loaded with six dynamic race tracks – two each for Land, Sea and Sky. With hidden routes, power-ups, and diverse locations, Racing Mode offers completely new ways to enjoy the game. Whether played in offline split-screen or online multiplayer, gamers can choose the best route to finish a race, trying to avoid attacks along the way as they navigate through dynamic environments. Voice-chat is available with friends for an added layer of excitement.
Skylanders SuperChargers delivers more ways to play than ever before:
Single-player Adventure Mode
Online and local co-operative Adventure Mode
Local 2-player head-to-head racing in split screen
Online competitive racing with up to 4 players
“Skylanders fans told us they wanted to go head-to-head in online multiplayer with their friends and family, and we delivered. Skylanders SuperChargers enables gamers to race against friends all over the world and brings an exciting new expansion to the Skylanders gameplay experience,” said John Coyne, senior vice president of consumer marketing, Activision Publishing, Inc. “We continue to be firmly committed to driving Skylanders’ spirit for providing originality, innovation, creativity and fun with each game.”
Skylanders SuperChargers continues to rev its engine with the addition of Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Action Packs at launch and beyond. These optional expansion packs, one each for Land, Sea and Sky, unlock even more thrilling racing content for Portal Masters. Each pack comes loaded with three special toys, including a SuperCharger, its signature vehicle and a villain trophy. The villain trophy unlocks two new tracks and new modes, including SuperVillain Cup, Boss Pursuit and Mirror Cup. There are 12 boss villains across all three packs, with four in each pack, which players can defeat and play as. Fans can then store these boss villains on their villain trophy toy to play at a friend’s house.
Fans can augment their SuperCharger experience with a complementary, dedicated racing combat game — Skylanders SuperChargers Racing — for the Wii™ system and Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system. All-new tracks, augmented with power-ups, boosts, hazards and more, offer up to 50 different and exciting gameplay experiences. On Nintendo 3DS, gamers can go head-to-head with competitive multiplayer via local play or online with up to four players. Iconic Nintendo character Bowser™ and his Sky vehicle, Clown Cruiser are available in the Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Starter Packs for Wii and Nintendo 3DS and can also be played on the Wii U™ system. The Supercharged character not only works in Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, but also as amiibo in compatible Nintendo games, so players can store their saved data in both modes with a simple twist of the figure’s base.