Daily Archives: July 25, 2014
Today we saw some really awesome stuff at SDCC the most exciting news besides the comic book series was the revealing of the new line of Skylander figures. Activision is bringing us Skylanders Eon’s Elite a homage to 8 characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure. Check out the press release and images of the new figures they look BOOMTASTIC! with their new paint jobs and extremely cool display cases.
SKYLANDERS BRINGS PREMIUM TOY LINE
“EON’S ELITE” TO FANS THIS FALL
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – July 24, 2014 – Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.(NASDAQ: ATVI) announced plans to bring “Eon’s Elite,” a new set of premium toys, to Skylanders® fans worldwide this fall. The limited edition Eon’s Elite will introduce eight must-have collectible versions of fan-favorite Skylanders characters, beginning with Spyro and Chop Chop.
The heroes in the “Eon’s Elite” roster hail from the original Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure® and have been carefully selected by Master Eon for displaying undaunted courage and commitment to defending all of Skylands. Eon’s Elite features a never-before-seen decoration with a distinct, metallic finish and a golden base that sets them apart from other Skylanders toys. Each of these special edition toys will be offered in premium foil packaging and also features a display case with a 3D lenticular background. Additionally, when played in-game, Eon’s Elite will be up to three times as powerful over other characters, which represents the biggest in-game boosts ever incorporated into a Skylanders toy to date.
“Eon’s Elite represents the most iconic characters from the original Skylanders game that started it all,” said Josh Taub, senior vice president of product marketing at Activision Publishing. “These eight toys are not only premium quality but also honor the characters’ strength, courage and commitment. We’re excited to extend our fans’ collections with this new line.”
Eon’s Elite characters will be available in limited quantities at GameStop and EB Games stores in North America, Australia and New Zealand, and select retailers in Europe this fall while supplies last.
So far we know of 2 figures that will be released who else do you think will be a part of the 8 figure series? Will you be getting these Skylanders? I know I will I gotta have them all I’m an addict! LOL! Well that’s all for now until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!
I have been under the weather so I haven’t been able to be on top of everything as I would like. I wanted to do a quick post about every thing that is going on at SDCC this weekend with Activision and our favorite franchise. As we know the Dark Edition is no longer a rumor I did a quick post about it the other day. Actvision sent me an email with more info about everything so here it goes.
ATTENTION FOOLISH HUMAN FOOLS!
SKYLANDERS “GOES DARK” AT COMIC-CON®
Skylanders Trap Team™ Dark Edition Featuring Ultimate Kaos Trap Debuts
Activations Include Consumer Hands-on Gameplay,
First-Ever Skylanders Comic Book Unveiling
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – July 21, 2014 – For the first time, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI),brings Skylanders®, the world’s leading Toys-to-Life™ video game franchise(1), to Comic-Con International: San Diego. Starting Thursday, July 24, fans descending upon San Diego Comic-Con will be among the first in the world to get a look into the Skylanders universe, including new toys, and hands-on Skylanders Trap Teamgameplay, with more news to come. Attendees will be the first consumers to check out the new Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack toys and will be able to pre-order the Starter Pack at the Skylanders booth (#303). North American fans who can’t wait for the convention to start can pre-order the Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack beginning today at major retailers while supplies last.
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition is a true collector’s starter pack that includes the special Ultimate Kaos Trap, which allows Portal Masters to trap and play as Kaos when the game launches in North America on October 5. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack features the Ultimate Kaos Trap, a special, larger-sized Trap to capture Skylands’ #1 villain. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition will also feature two Traps; exclusive black and silver variant designs of new characters Snap Shot, Wildfire and Food Fight; a two-sided ultimate collector poster; sticker sheets and trading cards. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack will be available on Xbox 360™ games and entertainment system from Microsoft; Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft; PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system; PlayStation® 4 and Nintendo’s Wii™ and Wii U™ systems for a suggested retail price of $99.
“In just 33 months, the Skylanders franchise has grown into a pop-culture phenomenon,” said Josh Taub, senior vice president of product management at Activision Publishing, Inc. “What better way to honor our fans, many of whom attend San Diego Comic-Con, than to give them new ways to experience the game firsthand? With the Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition, #0 issue of the officialSkylanders comic and additional surprises to come, we have more to offer fans than ever before.”
San Diego Comic-Con attendees can check out Skylanders at the following activations:
- Skylanders Panel (Room 7AB): “Skylanders: The Creative Process of Bringing Toys to Life” panel on Thursday, July 24th from 6-7 p.m., moderated by Geoff Keighley, will offer insights into one of the world’s most beloved Toys-to-Life video game franchises, as well as a major announcement about new Skylanders characters. Speakers include: comic book writer Ron Marz (Green Lantern, DC vs. Marvel), famed voice of Kaos Richard Horvitz (Billy and Mandy, Invader Zim), and Toys for Bob’s Director of Toy and Character Development, I-Wei Huang. New updatesto the Skylanders franchise will be revealed, and fans will leave withSkylanders giveaways, while supplies last.
- Skylanders Costume Contest (Room 7AB): Activision will award more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to the best Skylanders costumes at the panel on Thursday.
- Skylanders Show Floor (Booth #303): Fans can check out new Skylanders Trap Team toys, pose with Skylanders‘ #1 villain Kaos and costume characters,and receive giveaways while supplies last.
- Skylanders Comic Book, IDW Publishing (Booth #2643): Leading comic book publisher IDW will debut the first-ever Skylanders comic-book series.Issue #0 – debuting at Comic-Con – will feature an introductory 16-page story that serves as a prequel to this year’s Skylanders Trap Team. Limited copies of a variant cover of the comic book will be available for purchase exclusively for attendees.
- First Public Hands-on Opportunities (Various Locations): Fans can be the first consumers in the world to play the upcoming Skylanders Trap Teamat several locations and receive special giveaways while supplies last:Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour kicking off in the Interactive Zone at Petco Park’s Lexus Premier Lot (no SDCC badge required); the Nintendo Gaming Lounge in the San Diego Ballroom, Marriott Marquis & Marina (no SDCC badge required); and the Xbox Lounge in the Manchester Grand Hyatt at 1 Market Place (SDCC badge required). While at the Xbox Lounge, fans can win a collectible Skylanders-themed Xbox One.
- Rubie’s Costumes (Booth #3649): Skylanders fans can get a sneak peek at the new Skylanders Halloween costumes available this fall at Rubie’s booth.
- Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop (Booth #4612):Attendees can get their hands on the popular Skylanders Universe Mad Libs, featuring more than 20 original stories, available for purchase at the Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop.
- Special Kids Day Activities – Sunday, July 27 (Various Locations): Kids who play the game at the Skylanders Trap Team First-to-Play Tour in the Interactive Zone will receive special giveaways, while supplies last. Fans can also stop by the Penguin Publishing booth to pick up their limited edition Skylanders activity poster, while supplies last. Kids will also get a peek into the Skylanders comic book at IDW’s Kids Comics Panel on Sunday at 10 a.m. (Room 4).
Man Activision has a big presence at SDCC this year I wish I could be there to play the game for the first time. I would love to see all of the costumes that people came up with I bet there where some really cool ones. There is still 3 more days of fun to be had so if you are attending take a min to absorb all the awesome Skylanders swag. I included a bunch of images in the gallery of the dark edition figures and more. If you went to the event today how was it? Are you going back? Are you impressed with Trap Team’s gameplay? I hear that if you play the demo you will receive a free Riot Shield Shredder trap the same trap given away at E3. Let us know if you get one and how much fun you had at the Skylanders booths. Until next time catch you on the SKYSIDE!